Conrad Humphreys, award winning triple round the world yachtsman and speaker
“As a business leader it is rare to hear about an experience which offers not only a wealth of learning and insight but manages to reach each listener in a uniquely personal way. Conrad Humphreys is a joy and inspiration to listen to. It was a privilege to hear him speak.” Hanif Lalani Chief Executive BT Northern Ireland
Conrad Humphreys is an award-winning, triple round-the-world yachtsman and the founder of Sport Environment, a sports marketing consultancy that specialises in sailing and outdoor sports.
Conrad is celebrated for his ability to understand complex business challenges and tailor his presentations to meet every client’s needs. Drawing on his personal experiences for resonance, he leaves audiences with a simple “tool kit” and a strong sense of belief to go forward and win in difficult circumstances. His presentations are brought to life with fantastic imagery and content drawn from over 25 years of leading teams in a number of high profile adventures.
Leading in Disruptive Environments
- What does it mean to be a leader during uncertain times.
- Why authenticity and transparency are critical to forming relationships.
- How can you develop a culture of trust and knowledge share.
Building Organisational and Personal Resilience
- How to encourage real fast innovation that can turn the game with competition.
- How to develop a mindset that is comfortable with ambiguity but still make decisions.
- How to lead by values rather than rules.
Winning Business: balancing risk vs reward
- The winning zone is situated in the risk area, so trust your evaluation to grab the opportunity.
- Taking risks requires courage, peace has its massive rewards, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
- Learn how to do a strength audit to help develop winning potential.
Authentic Leadership and Personal Development
- Develop your agility as a leader and understand your preferred styles.
- How to nurture influence without authority and create a culture of followship.
- Build creativity into your workflow and master the “timeout”.
Inspiring Leadership: Staying Afloat in Turbulent Times is a ground-breaking book based upon the invaluable leadership lessons Conrad learned from being the youngest skipper in history to win the World’s Toughest Yacht Race.
Creating a winning culture
Do you need to know how to gain commitment and cultivate a winning mindset in your team? How do you inspire confidence and energise your team in turbulent times? Conrad led the winning team in the BT Global Challenge and shares the lessons he learnt as the skipper of Team LG which was also the subject of the renowned business publication “Inspiring Leadership, Staying afloat in turbulent times”.
Outcome Thinking - Reward and Risk
Sports people look at the rewards and then way up the risks. They view what could be possible and what outcomes can be achieved. This is called outcome thinking and is crucial when balancing risk and reward.
The winning zone is often situated in the risk area so this keynote explores how to evaluate the restraining forces in your organisation and manage or eliminate them.
Authentic leadership and trust based teams
Trust must be earned everyday so that when it’s needed, your actions count. Good leaders need great followers. People that can have influence without authority. Surround yourself with people who are prepared to step up when needed.
“The strength of the wolf is the pack, the strength of the pack is the wolf”
Conrad argues that instilling a culture of followship in your organisation is critical to success.
- Lord Digby JonesHouse of Lords
Inspirational, challenging, professional - Conrad asks questions of us all and takes those less fortunate to better places whilst engaging with those who are fortunate enough to help
“Conrad provided the Pfizer team with an inspirational presentation which had the whole audience on the edge of their chairs. An incredible achievement delivered in a moving and emotional way.”
“Conrad gave a very effective, thought provoking presentation on the challenges faced by his team and the leadership style necessary to achieve results and bring the crew through their adventure to ultimately win the world's toughest yacht race. Highly recommended.”
- Tracy WrayDirector HR & Communications, University of Sheffield
This is leadership in the real world, and how to be leaderful engaging and influencing others. An inspirational presentation.
- Dr. Zoe BondDepartment of Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs
"We’ve received excellent feedback from our attendees relating to Conrad’s presentation – they were left feeling motivated and all were captivated for the entire talk. We didn’t allow long enough in the agenda for questions – as there were many questions following the talk – maybe something Conrad highlights to future clients to ensure they allow sufficient time following his talk for attendees to ask questions! We were very satisfied with Conrad’s input to the event and will definitely consider Conrad for future events – many thanks!”
- Leanne MiddletonEuroclear Group
"Conrad's presentation was inspiring! His approach to leadership sets an example we should all aspire to and made me remember all the things I know that I should do to build high performing teams. A highly motivated individual, Conrad's passion and enthusiasm are infectious."
An Audacious Voyage